I LIKE BIG
AND I CANNOT LIE
I like big books and I cannot lie
you other people can’t deny
that when a book sits there with a crazy bunch of pages full of a plot for the ages
you get sprung;
wanna pull out your glasses cause you notice that book’s got mass(es).
Deep in the pages you’re reading –
you’re hooked and you can’t stop needing.
That book… you wanna get with it
just keep reading and never quit.
My bed time tries to warn me
but that plot it’s got makes me just wanna squee.
your story is just too thin!
So, read on, read on
cause this ain’t your average Don Juan.
I’m tired of the lyin’
there’s no denyin’ –
it’s big, it’s thick
got it going like a magic trick!
I’m tired of short book flings
big book commitments are the things.
Tolstoy, Bronte: would tell you that –
books gotta be real fat.
So, book nerds (yeah!) book nerds (yeah!)
Has your big book got the weight? (hell yeah!)
Then flip ’em (flip ’em!) flip ’em (flip ’em!)
Flip those fat book pages;
Big Books got game!
OverDrive Labs has produced a new set of Library Apps good for IOS (Apple), Android or Microsoft which are designed to be user friendly and easy to understand. Simply download the correct app to your phone, tablet, netbook, computer, etc., enter your library card information, and Search, Sample, Borrow, Enjoy.
It takes just a few taps to find and borrow a book. Libby has a ground-breaking built-in ebook reader, and a beautiful audiobook player. If you prefer, you can send books to your Kindle for reading. Don’t like it? You can continue using the existing Overdrive Apps.
· Download books and audiobooks for offline reading, or stream them to save space
· Sample any book with a tap — nothing to download or delete
· Try a zoomable graphic novel, or a picture book with read-along audio
· All your holds and loans are consolidated on a single shelf
· Tag titles as read, loved, hated, wishlist, schoolbook, beach-reading, whatever you like
· Your loans, holds, reading positions, bookmarks and notes are synchronized automatically across all your devices
· Keep track of your reading history in the Activity tab
ALASKA WEEK OF CODE DECEMBER 4-8
Students, teachers and parents are invited to visit https://education.alaska.gov/alaska-week-of-code to learn about the importance of coding in our day-to-day lives, and to access a wide variety of activities designed to introduce students to coding.
CARS IN PARKING LOT
Please do not leave vehicles running in the parking lot; exhaust is getting into the library through the vents and causing problems for our visitors and staff.